About StopTheMadness Mobile
StopTheMadness is a Safari extension that stops web sites from making your browser harder to use. And it protects your privacy on the web. StopTheMadness is not an ad blocker: it offers unique features not available from ad blockers or any other apps. StopTheMadness is one of a kind!
Many web sites deliberately disable user interface features in Safari that you normally expect to work. StopTheMadness re-enables those features for you in Safari:
• opening contextual menus
• selecting, copying, cutting, and pasting of text
• drag and drop
• AutoFill/autocomplete of passwords, emails, etc.
StopTheMadness also protects your privacy on the web:
• Stops Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)! Automatically loads the original "canonical" web site page instead of Google AMP.
• Removes tracking tags such as utm_source, gclid, and fbclid from the end of URLs.
• Stops clickjacking in Google Search, Gmail, Facebook, and DuckDuckGo.
• Stops hyperlink auditing (anchor "ping").
• Stops tracking beacons (Navigator.sendBeacon).
• Stops sites from using the Page Visibility API to know when a tab is visible on your screen.
• Stops URL shorteners. Checks the links you click in Safari for well-known link shorteners — bit.ly, tinyurl.com, l.facebook.com, t.co, etc. — and loads the unshortened destination URL instead of the shortened URL. This occurs without setting any cookies or other site data, so you can't be tracked by your click.
• Stop videos from autoplaying. This works even on sites where Safari doesn't stop autoplay. You can also stop sites in Safari from pausing your audio in a background app.
• Show native video controls. Use Picture-in-Picture from Safari on sites that don't normally support it!
• Hides the annoying popup banners prompting you to get the app on Google, DuckDuckGo, IMDb, Instagram, Quora, Reddit, and Tumblr!
• Custom URL redirects! Redirect new Reddit to old Reddit, Twitter to Nitter, YouTube to Invidious, etc. You can create any redirect that you want!
• Stop keyboard page zoom. Stops the page from zooming in when you show the software keyboard!
• Enable pinch-to-zoom on sites that prevent it, such as old reddit.
• Stops "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" alerts. Close your tabs without getting stopped by the site!
• Force external links to open in the current tab instead of a new tab. Remove target="_blank" from links so that they no longer automatically create a new tab.
• Force external links to open in a new tab instead of the current tab. This is great if you're scrolling through a list of links and want to open each one in a new tab.
• Force images to the front. Bypass the transparent overlay on sites that prevents you from dragging and opening the contextual menu on images.
• Warns when you paste or type beyond the maximum length in a password field or other text field. Stops you from accidentally losing characters!
StopTheMadness is made by indie developer Jeff Johnson. The support link has documentation and my email address.