About Speech Utility
Say the name of a shortcut to run it without invoking Siri. Private by default; Speech Utility uses on-device speech recognition exclusively so your voice never leaves your Mac.
- Use an * in the name of a shortcut to have that part of the name sent as input. For example, a shortcut named "Switch to * mode" will pass the word dark as input if you say "Switch to dark mode".
- Use the characters [*] together to have that part of your speech ignored. For example, a shortcut name "[*] switch to * mode [*]" will ignore "can you" and "please" if you say "Can you switch to dark mode please"
- Run multiple shortcuts in succession by saying the keyword "then".
- Pause Speech Utility by saying the key phrases "hold on" or "standby".
- Resume Speech Utility by saying the key phrase "I'm back".
- Name a shortcut * to capture all unrecognized commands.