Sept. 28, 2023v 1.3.2
Fixed an issue where words sometimes wouldn't appear in the list.
Sept. 24, 2023v 1.3.1
Added support for macOS widgets.
Sept. 18, 2023v 1.3.0
New word of the day Lock Screen and Standby widgets!
- Added Mastodon links.
- Improved the look of Home Screen widgets when only the word is visible.
- Improved performance of tab switching.
- Added tab button accessibility actions for scroll to top and close cover.
- Fixed VoiceOver bug where tabs would not be detectable.
- Fixed bug where background tab information could be read by VoiceOver.
- Fullscreen image viewer now keeps image colors when smart invert is on.
- Fixed occasional crash due to category picker
- Fixed reselect bug on tab menu buttons
- Fixed pronunciation for Old English words using ȳ
- Fixed VoiceOver hint on widgets so that it no longer suggests the user could play an audio pronunciation
- Fixed VoiceOver pronunciation for Hana Videen and Ryan Lintott
- Fixed a bug where widget latch shading wouldn't look correct in iOS 16
Aug. 13, 2022v 1.2.0
- Links in image captions now take you to the image source.
- Words, descriptions and image captions can be copied to the clipboard.
- Improved image loading when scrolling past many words.
- Loading view will show when initial words are loading.
- Loading errors will be shown to the user if they occur.
- Removed old non-customizable widgets that were lost in a fire.
- Social links changed to icons.
- Added book reviews from Neil Gaiman and the Wall Street Journal.
- Bug that caused words not to load on some devices has been fixed.
- Favourites now sync properly across devices.
- Snail cat and the two-headed dragon will no longer shrink below a minimum size.
- Quotes in English timeline no longer overlap when using accessibility font sizes on a small device.
Jan. 12, 2022v 1.1.0
- New customizable widgets! Toggle pronunciation, definition and image visibility, along with the number of pronunciations and light/dark mode per widget. (Old widgets lost in the Ashburnham House fire of 1731.)
- Extra large widgets available on iPad (iOS 15.0 or later).
- Listen to Old English quotes in the About section.
- Accessibility: VoiceOver will now read Old English words with correct pronunciation in the app (iOS 15.0 or later).
- Word wyrm now visible on loading screen
- Loading animation for images.
- Added reviews for The Wordhord: Daily Life in Old English.
- Widget instructions link in settings.
- Accessibility: Pronunciation text now available to VoiceOver
- Accessibility: Smart scrolling of popup views for extra large dynamic font sizes.
- Accessibility: Category selector easier to navigate with VoiceOver.
- Accessibility: Improved VoiceOver element ordering for opening clasp and navigating to items within.
- Accessibility: SmartInvert will no longer invert images.
- Audio pronunciations now sound correct in all languages and regions.
- Border matches widget corner radius on iPad.
- Demo widget in the app now displays at the correct size.
- Tapping tab buttons scrolls content to top.
Sept. 8, 2021v 1.0.3
- Audio pronunciations should play properly on all devices
- For non-English language devices, audio pronunciations will no longer play using non-English voices. Instead an error will appear with instructions on how to download a supported voice.