Watch to 5K: Learn to run 5K with just your Apple Watch
By Ben Callis • June 22, 2022
Watch to 5K is an Apple Watch app that helps you gradually work up towards running 5K in just nine weeks by following the Couch to 5K program (C25K). The app works independently on the Watch, allowing you to leave your phone at home (or in their locker) while you run.
Made for Apple Watch
- Runs independently without the need for your iPhone.
- Watch face complications are included allowing you to monitor your progress and quickly launch the app.
iPhone companion App (new in V3)
- An iPhone companion app is included to allow you to track your progress.
- View a breakdown of your previous runs, including health data and run route.
- Achievements are awarded as you progress through the plan to celebrate milestones such as running continuously for 5 minutes or running for a certain distance.
Integrates with Apple Health
- Sessions are stored in Apple Health and count towards your activity goals.
- WatchTo5K tracks your route, distance, calories, average speed and heart rate so you can easily track your progress.
Listen to your music while you run
- Works alongside your preferred music player or podcast watch app, automatically ‘dipping’ the volumes so you can hear the instructions and updates on your progress.
- Signals the halfway point, so you know when to head home!
- Easy to follow countdown timer that uses sounds and haptics, so you know how long you’ve got left of each run.
Who is this app for?
The Watch to 5K running plan is for absolute beginners. It involves three runs a week, with a day of rest in between and a different schedule for each of the nine weeks. By the end of the program, users will be able to run 5km in around 30 minutes.
WatchTo5K is a one-time purchase with no ongoing subscription or in-app purchases. The app costs £3.49 in the UK.