About WaayFinder: Music Key Finder
You give WaayFinder notes, it gives you all the keys and modes that fit. Top matches come first! Filter results by scale type, listen to any scale (or note) with a tap, look up keys by name, and more.
Maybe these notes are a melody you came up with, and you want to know what key they're in—to help you write another section of the song, pick chords, or write some harmonies. WaayFinder is here to help!
How does it work? Let's say you enter the notes C, G, and A. The best match is C major—but it could also fit A minor, G major, and more. WaayFinder shows you all those possibilities, but highlights the best matches so you know where to start.
* Finds matching keys. You give WaayFinder notes, it shows all the scales and modes that match, in order of best fit.
* Scales and modes. Filter results by scale or mode. Supports major (Ionian), natural minor (Aeolian), harmonic minor, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, and Locrian.
* Integrated audio. Listen to any note or scale with a tap. Great for getting a quick reference pitch!
* Scale look-up. Quickly look up—and listen to—the notes for any key.
* Tutorial. In-app tutorial gets you up and running in a flash.
* Enharmonic mode. Display keys that match any enharmonic equivalents of the notes you entered (e.g., Bb will match A#)
* Special note keyboard allows for speedy input.
WaayFinder is made in Toronto, Canada by Ten Kettles—the one-person (and two dog) company behind Waay, hearEQ, and Beat Mirror. I deeply believe in empowering *you* to make your best music, and that approach imprints itself into all my apps. There are no ads, no sneaky data collection, just honest music education. :)
Questions, comments, or feedback? Get in touch anytime at alex[at]tenkettles[dot]com and I'll (almost always) get back to you by the next business day. -Alex