Aug. 28, 2023v 5.60
Fixed some grammar examples and improved the translation speed for shorter texts.
July 3, 2023v 5.51
Fixed some grammar examples.
April 9, 2023v 5.50
Highlight a word in English or hiragana, and select Quick Replace (⌘ R) to replace it with the kanji writing. e.g. meat becomes 肉
Feb. 16, 2023v 5.40
Added setting to increase/decrease font size.
Jan. 31, 2023v 5.30
Placeholder text is automatically deleted as the user enters text.
Nov. 2, 2022v 5.20
Removed clutter from highlighted word menu.
Aug. 6, 2022v 5.10
User interface improvement - added a close button to the word bank and conjugation modal sheets.
June 1, 2022v 5.0
Kaku 5.0 MAJOR UPDATE!
- The UI has been overhauled. The number of tabs has been reduced to bring greater focus to the writing tab.
- New light/neutral colour theme similar to Financial Times
- Adopted a Helvetica-like font for Japanese text
- A toolbar has been added to easily access features such as the Word Bank, external dictionary search, inline translation, conjugations and grammar examples, keyboard toggle
- New app logo/icon
- Updated in-app icons with the latest SF Symbols
- Added external dictionary search for popular dictionary apps such as imiwa?, Japanese, Midori, Shirabe Jisho
- Added conjugations for potential form, you-form, ba-form, passive form, imperative form, negative imperative form, causative form, causative passive form
- Added over 80 grammar examples that can be applied to any highlighted verb, adjective or noun
- Added onboarding tutorial
April 24, 2022v 4.10
Translation section is now editable so you can correct any outputs before saving your sheet.
March 19, 2022v 4.0
In this major update we have collaborated with the popular Nihongo dictionary app.
Highlight any text and save it directly to Nihongo as a clipping!
Also, search for the definition of any word in Nihongo by highlighting and pressing ⌘ + D. You can select your preferred external dictionary app via the Settings tab.
Feb. 5, 2022v 3.90
Icons have been updated with the latest SF Symbols.
Dec. 25, 2021v 3.80
Highlight any verb and conjugate it to the ~te-form from the menu.
Dec. 4, 2021v 3.70
Highlight any verb, adjective or noun and conjugate it to the past form (~ta) from the menu.
Nov. 29, 2021v 3.61
New app icon!
Nov. 1, 2021v 3.50
Highlight any verb, adjective or noun and conjugate it to the negative past form (~nakatta) from the menu.