Weathergraph adds a wide range of iOS 16 lockscreen widgets
By Tomas Kafka • Sept. 20, 2022
Weathergraph, an indie visual weather app beloved by outdoor explorers, adds lock screen widgets to stay in touch with the weather situation outside.
The new lock screen widgets include a graphical chart of upcoming weather, a text summary of upcoming weather, a precipitation widget showing the next upcoming rain, and many small widgets for individual forecast metrics.
2x1 Large rectangular widgets
- A signature graphical hour-by-hour weather forecast, with a configurable style (icons or chart) and zoom level
- Text summary, with an icon of current conditions, temperature, location name, and a short summary of current and next weather conditions
1x1 Small square widgets
- Weather icon - a plain icon of current weather conditions
- Conditions and temperature - current temperature, gauge
- Temperature and daily high & low
- Wind direction and speed - an arrow depicting wind direction and wind gusts, together with a numerical wind speed is dream come true for kiters and surfers
- Precipitation - actual precipitation rate
- Dew point - actual dew point and daily minimum and maximum help understand the comfort level of weather
- Humidity - actual dew point and daily minimum and maximum
- UV index - watch for sunburns
Inline widgets for a header row next to a date
- Conditions expressed as icon and text
- Wind direction and speed
- Precipitation shows current rain probability and amount when raining or snowing, or a time of next upcoming rain (if there is one on a 16-hour horizon)
- UV index
The app with the lock screen widgets update is available at https://apps.apple.com/cz/app/weathergraph-weather-widget/id1501958576.