Records get more realistic in Vinyl Fetish 8.0
By German Buela • Nov. 28, 2022
Vinyl Fetish is the music player where albums have sides again: it recreates the vinyl experience in your iPhone or iPad. Committed to that illusion, version 8.0 brings great improvements in the visual aspect.
The player view, including the dynamically rendered record, was completely rewritten with modern technology. It looks better than ever! And the flip animation has a realistic 3D effect that simply was not possible before.
Other recent updates include:
- Import albums from Apple Music that aren't yet in your library without leaving the app.
- When you're unsure if your virtual vinyl is getting the sides arranged like the actual record, you have a quick way to check against Discogs entries that include track positions.
- Quick access to your newest vinyl, recently played and most played albums.
- Play a random album from your collection.
- Scrobble to last.fm
- Integration with 1001 Albums Generator, the site that will generate one album a day, taken from the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. You'll be able to see each new generated album right within the app, and you get a shortcut to import it from Apple Music so you can enjoy it in virtual vinyl form.