Play is a New App to Improve YouTube's Watch Later Queue
Published: Feb. 11, 2022
About Play: Save Videos Watch Later
** Featured on The Verge, Daring Fireball, 9to5Mac, MacStories, Mac Power Users, iMore, AppAdvice & more! **
Play is the best way to bookmark and organize videos to watch later.
Add videos via the Share Sheet, drag and drop them, import from a playlist, or automatically from YouTube channels*. Organize them with tags, add notes, assign a star rating, and more. Watch supported YouTube videos in-app for a native experience. Follow YouTube channels and get new videos as they're released*. Easily save videos you want to watch and delete the rest. iCloud sync keeps your database up-to-date on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Vision Pro. You can also add and customize Interactive Widgets to quickly view and access your videos.
Supported services: YouTube, Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV, Letterboxd, Apple Music, Apple Developer, LinkedIn Learning, Rumble, Khan Academy, Vimeo, BBC, O’Reilly Learning, TED, Nebula, and Odysee. You can also add videos from other platforms by manually filling in all the required fields.
- Add from another apps using the Share Sheet, drag and drop, or importing from a YouTube playlist.
- Follow YouTube channels to get new videos as they're released. Easily save videos you want to watch and delete the rest*
- Use Shortcuts actions to integrate Play into your automated workflows.
- Watch supported YouTube videos in app using the native iOS player.
- Save interesting videos throughout the day and watch them later on your Apple TV.
- Control your playback position and start playing from where you left off.
- Quickly access your saved videos on widgets for your Home Screen.
- Configure custom YouTube instances such as Invidious and Piped.
ORGANIZE YOUR COLLECTION
- Add notes and star rating.
- Create and assign tags.
- Use Auto-Tagging to tag videos automatically based on the rules you set.
- Create a Smart Search to filter videos based on a set of rules you customize.
- Use Focus Filter with Focus to limit the videos and tags shown in the app.
- Perform bulk actions and organize multiple videos at once.
- All Play features and data are available through the Shortcuts app, so you can create custom shortcuts and automate your workflow.
- iCloud automatically syncs your database to your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Vision Pro.
Play is a modern app with support for the latest system features. It is also available on the Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Vision Pro as a universal app, so you can enjoy it across iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS, and visionOS with a single purchase.
* The Channels feature requires Play Premium subscription.