About Camera Preview
Instant access to your Mac's camera feed for quick checks before video calls.
■ Key Features
• Instant Camera Feed: A single click shows your camera's view.
• Menu Bar & Dock Access: Keep the app readily available in your menu bar or Dock.
• Keyboard Shortcut: Instantly display your camera feed with a keyboard shortcut.
• Customizable View: Resize and reposition the feed window to your preference.
• Photo Capture: Quick and easy photo captures right from the app.
• Always-On-Top Window: Prioritize your camera feed on your screen.
• Hide Menu Bar Icon: For a tidier menu bar.
You can also preview an external camera.
‣ Can you add support for making the camera feed a circle?
I don't plan to add that. I plan to make a separate app specifically for showing the camera on presentations and screencasts, which will have this feature.
‣ How is this better than Photo Booth?
- Convenient access from the menu bar.
- Toggle it via a keyboard shortcut.
- Higher quality camera output.
- Does not crop the camera output.
- Minimalistic design with no window frame.
- Takes photos without the countdown.
- Photos are saved to the file system, not hidden inside the app.
- The window can be made to always stay on top of other windows.
Camera Preview values your privacy. There's absolutely no tracking and the app cannot even connect to the internet due to macOS-enforced restrictions (no network entitlement).
You can contact me through the feedback button in the app or at email@example.com